FDP Group Project
Working on this group project was a fairly fun project. It
was rather hard to do considering the group size though. Working with such a
large group was difficult to do in such a short notice because of having to
find a time for every group member to get together. This was a goal that we
were not able to fully achieve. Having so little free time for everyone to get
together forced us to meet more than one time; the second time being the day
that the project was due. Only after we were finished working on our project,
did I think it was appropriate to do this part. Having class immediately after and
all the way up to this class gave me no time to work on this. It was for this reason
that I believe many people, including I, were not able to have this part of the
project done and posted in time.
Having had that said, working on the FDP gave me an insight
on how the government works in Germany. There was a lot of extra searching that
had to be done to be able to understand what it was that we were learning about
our own party. It’s interesting to see such a small political party that has a
fairly important role. Being a “kingmaker” party makes them an important party
for other parties. In our research we found that the FDP has been in a constant
struggle to keep enough votes to stay in parliament. As a constantly struggling
party it was interesting to find some of the ways, in the past and even in very
recent months, that they have attempted to reach out to get votes.
If I were a voting person, I do not know if I would choose to
vote for the FDP. The party isn’t focused on who I am, a construction-worker-type.
Also, as a party that is constantly struggling for more votes, I am not sure if
I can always count on a party that goes to such lengths to get votes. Having a
soon to be political leader be on a tv show or holding “skeptical” meetings
just to get more votes doesn’t seem like a party I would put my faith in.
No comments:
Post a Comment