- Drugs to Ickarus are a way of relaxation; to him they are a stress reliever.
- They are all taking the drugs at the concerts in the bathroom. They are mostly all taking cocaine and it seems as though it's just what everyone does. Maybe it's a way to get into the music more.
- I don't really understand the question.
- The difference is in how people react to the drugs. Here it is a very big and serious deal, there it isn't. A lot more people there do it and it only becomes a problem when it goes too far. Ickarus's drug problem is looked at in more of a psychological way than a physical way.
- The youth culture in this movie seem to focus more on the party life than on the working life. There are a couple that do work, but most don't. They have their club parties in the day time all the time. Ickarus and Alice are hard workers. Ickarus, though misguided at times, only cares about being able to work on his music. Alice was hard at work trying to get shows and labels for Ickarus and when she couldn't do that she got a different job in between.
- I have not seen much.
Berlin Calling was definitely a different movie than what I
had expected to see. It seemed different to me because I am not used to seeing
such cultural attitudes and behaviors. There were many differences in cultures
that stood out right away. First I found was the music; there were no words. It
was different from what I’m used to and it wasn’t real fast paced either which
is what I expected. It was slower, meaningful, and soulful. Personally, I
couldn’t pick apart the sound and intention like the people in the movie could.
I did not notice the depressed feeling in his first work or how the end music
was much better than the first but that’s not for me to judge. The important
thing was that the people who know that kind of music could pick it apart and
tell. The other big thing I noticed was how it seemed that everyone there did
drugs; it wasn’t a big deal. It wasn’t just harmless marijuana either, it was
cocaine and ecstasy. They did it all the time as if nothing ever mattered. Even
Alice, who was upset and trying to get Ickarus clean of his issues, was implied
to have done at least one line in a scene where she was talking to the club
owner. Overall, it was a good movie. It showed a real struggle and
transformation of character that could be relatable to many (with the drug
addiction removed, many more). It ended very well too because even in his
struggle to overcome the adversity put upon him, Ickarus came through it and
cut ties with his past. Because he was able to overcome it all he was able to
get Alice back in the end which was a second part of why he was trying to get
better.
No comments:
Post a Comment